Let HiQ show you the way
Here at HiQ we welcome the introduction of tyre labelling legislation as we want all our customers to be confident that the tyre they choose is the right tyre for them, and suitable for their needs.
Similar to white goods such as fridges and washing machines, tyres will now have a label grading for three performance criteria:
- Wet Grip - for safety
- Fuel efficiency - for cost effectiveness
- External noise - for reduced environmental impact
More information on each of these three factors can be found in the sections and video below.
- The Tyre Labelling Revolution Infographic
- Tyre Labelling - The Full Story Infographic
- A Motorists Guide to Tyre Labelling
- The Anatomy of a Tyre Label
- HiQ Handy Guide to Tyre Labelling
- When the Label Won't Help
- The EU tyre label only specifies 3 criteria
- Magazine independent tests specify 15 criteria
- Tyre manufacturers analyse over 50 criteria = The full story
The new labelling legislation was introduced to help:
- Increase road safety
- Help make driving more cost effective, and
- Reduce the environmental impact of driving
The label is a good starting point in making that choice, as it provides information that is reliable, objective and comparable.
We've created our 'HiQ Tyre Labelling World' to help you find everything you need to know about what tyre labelling will mean to you as a motorist. Explore the world of tyre labelling and if you have any questions, do give us a call or pop into your local HiQ Centre and we'll be happy to help point you in the right direction.