Get Home Safely With Winter Tyres
Your tyres are all that connect you to the road. Your family’s safety relies on four contact points the size of the palm of your hand, so your choice of tyre is critical. And because not everyone is aware of the importance of winter tyres, we’ve outlined a few facts for you.
Why Winter Tyres?
- Winter tyres are highly recommended for use in temperatures below 7°C.
- On average in the UK, that’s 150 days of the year.
- Below 7°C the compound in summer tyres hardens and provides less traction and therefore compromises safety in winter conditions.
- The higher levels of natural rubber in winter tyres give your vehicle improved grip with the softer compound in the tyre giving up to 50 % better traction in snow and ice and in cold conditions.
- Winter tyres are designed to give you shorter stopping distances and resistance to aquaplaning on wet and slushy roads.
Saving You Money
- A set of winter tyres can improve your fuel efficiency by up to 20% compared to tyres designed for summer driving.
Make sure you are in safe hands by getting your winter tyres fitted by a HiQ tyre specialist. Our range of premium winter tyres are designed to tackle all the adverse conditions that the season throws at you.
Choose winter tyres and get home safely
7°C Reasons to Fit Winter Tyres
- 1Improved performance at temperatures below 7°C
- 2Greater aquaplaning resistance on wet and slushy roads
- 3Shorter stopping distances on ice, snow and wet roads
- 4No Loss of performance or comfort in normal conditions
- 5Increased tyre life
- 6Legal requirement when driving abroad*
- 7Proven technology from a brand you can trust
*Mandatory in Austria, Switzerland, Italy (Val d'Aosta), Finland, Latvia, Sweden, Germany.
Did You Know?
Road accidents increase by 267% in the winter.
There are 6,500 more accidents in winter than there are in summer.
2 million drivers had 3 near collisions last winter.
48% of winter road accidents are caused by skidding or aquaplaning.
Britain's breakdown services report over 1,000 callouts an hour during severe winters because of inadequately equipped vehicles.
Find the Right Tyre for your Vehicle
If you know the size of the tyres you’re looking for then you can enter it below. But we understand that not everyone has this information to hand, so you can also search by using your vehicle’s registration number. Simply enter it below and then choose the right tyre for you.
* Required fields