Get Home Safely With Winter Tyres
Your tyres are all that connect you to the road. Your family’s safety relies on four contact points the size of the palm of your hand, so your choice of tyre is critical. And because not everyone is aware of the importance of winter tyres, we’ve outlined a few facts for you.
Why Winter Tyres?
- Winter tyres are highly recommended for use in temperatures below 7°C.
- On average in the UK, that’s 150 days of the year.
- Below 7°C the compound in summer tyres hardens and provides less traction and therefore compromises safety in winter conditions.
- The higher levels of natural rubber in winter tyres give your vehicle improved grip with the softer compound in the tyre giving up to 50 % better traction in snow and ice and in cold conditions.
- Winter tyres are designed to give you shorter stopping distances and resistance to aquaplaning on wet and slushy roads.
Saving You Money
- A set of winter tyres can improve your fuel efficiency by up to 20% compared to tyres designed for summer driving.
Make sure you are in safe hands by getting your winter tyres fitted by a HiQ tyre specialist. Our range of premium winter tyres are designed to tackle all the adverse conditions that the season throws at you.
Choose winter tyres and get home safelyContact your local HiQ Centre for advice or
to book a winter health check
7°C Reasons to Fit Winter Tyres
- 1Improved performance at temperatures below 7°C
- 2Greater aquaplaning resistance on wet and slushy roads
- 3Shorter stopping distances on ice, snow and wet roads
- 4No Loss of performance or comfort in normal conditions
- 5Increased tyre life
- 6Legal requirement when driving abroad*
- 7Proven technology from a brand you can trust
*Mandatory in Austria, Switzerland, Italy (Val d'Aosta), Finland, Latvia, Sweden, Germany.
Did You Know?
Road accidents increase by 267% in the winter.
There are 6,500 more accidents in winter than there are in summer.
2 million drivers had 3 near collisions last winter.
48% of winter road accidents are caused by skidding or aquaplaning.
Britain's breakdown services report over 1,000 callouts an hour during severe winters because of inadequately equipped vehicles.
NEED NEW TYRES? WHAT’S THE REGISTRATION?
Fill in your details and we'll find the right tyres for you at your nearest HiQ CentreOR, DO YOU KNOW YOUR TYRE SIZE?
NEED NEW TYRES? WHAT’S THE SIZE?
Fill in your details and we’ll find the right tyres for you at your nearest HiQ centre
- AWidth of tyre in millimetres
- BProfile height of a tyre sidewall as a percentage of the width
- CThe diameter of the wheels inner rim in inches
- DLoad Index indicates the maximum load the tyre can carry
- EIndicates the maximum speed for the tyre