On Friday the 14th October, Breast Cancer Care held 'The Big Pink', a day for everyone to get involved how they could and raise money for this great cause. As Breast Cancer Care is HiQ's charity partner, we were very excited to hold a fundraising event to support them and to raise awareness of the amazing work this charity does.
HiQ choose to support Breast Cancer Care because they understand and appreciate the emotions, challenges and decisions people living with breast cancer face every day. They are there to offer support and information and campaign for better care, and we are honoured to help them in any way we can with this.
Breast Cancer Care put every penny we make to a good cause, these include:
- £5 could give people with breast cancer the vital answers they need right now by funding five invaluable information resources
- £12 could help maintain their supportive online community and allow people with breast cancer to feel less isolated
- £55 could help a younger woman with breast cancer feel less isolated by attending a residential course with expert information, support and a space to connect with others under 45 with the same diagnosis
- £285 could give a woman with breast cancer somewhere to turn after her treatment through Breast Cancer Care’s Moving Forward courses
- £450 could help 15 people with breast cancer get the support they need by calling the specialist nurses and trained experts on Breast Cancer Care’s free confidential Helpline
On Friday the 14th October, HiQ held its own 'Big Pink' with a huge raffle and cookie sale, along with merchandise on offer for a donation to Breast Cancer Care. This event was a great success, raising in excess of £460, which will take HiQ just that bit closer to their target of £150,000.
Here’s what Gemma Staples from HiQ has said about the fundraising event:
“What a successful day for HiQ's fundraising! It was brilliant to see the popularity of our Breast Cancer Care stand, and we are so grateful to everyone who donated on Friday for this cause. We had so much fun showing our support for such a deserving charity, and were proud to be involved in 'The Big Pink'."
If you would like to make a donation to Breast Cancer Care, head over to our Just Giving page.