continental PremiumContact 2 SSR
The Continental ContiPremiumContact 2 SSR (Self Supporting Runflat) has been designed for medium to luxury sized cars.
- The Continental ContiPremiumContact 2 SSR technology enables drivers with a sudden loss of tyre pressure to continue at a maximum speed of 50mph for no more than 50 miles.
- The tyre's design leads to exact handling and unrivalled handling.
- The Continental ContiPremiumContact 2 has pioneering 3 dimensional grooves to increase water dispersal and lower the chances of aquaplaning.
Continental SSR Tyres
SSR stands for SelfSupportingRunflat Tyre
The SSR principle:
Unlike conventional tyres, the SSR principle is based on a reinforced self-supporting sidewall. This prevents the inside of the tyre from getting pinched between the road and the rim and from slipping into the rim well in the event of a loss of inflation. The SSR's reinforced sidewall enables the car to continue on its way at a maximum speed of 80 km/h (50 mph) for up to 80 km (50 miles), depending on road conditions and vehicle weight.
SSR runflat tyres offer crucial advantages
- With SSR tyres you remain mobile in the event of a flat tyre. You can reach your destination or tyre service facility without the bother of having to replace a flat tyre with the spare tyre
- Compatible with standard rims
- Simple mounting
- Saves room and weight, and thus fuel, giving you as much as 3 cubic feet more cargo area.
Tyre Available In
What do you think?Write review
Review the continental PremiumContact 2 SSR
Bought this tyre? Be the first to write a review.
Write a Review
*Information we'll definitely need
continental PremiumContact 2 SSR Sizes & Labelling
|195||55||16||87 V||B||F||2||Seasonality: Summer||Vehicle type: Car|
|205||50||17||89 W||B||E||2||Seasonality: Summer||Vehicle type: Car|
|205||50||17||89 Y||B||E||2||Seasonality: Summer||Vehicle type: Car|
|205||55||17||91 V||B||F||2||Seasonality: Summer||Vehicle type: Car|
- Click on the letters below to find out.
- 245 - The width of the tyre in millimetres
- 45 - Profile height of the tyre sidewall as a percentage of the width
- R18 - The diameter of the wheels inner rim in inches
- 91 - The load index indicates the maximum load the tyre can carry
- V- The speed rating indicates the maximum speed for the tyre