24th of March marks the Dunlop British Touring Cars Championship Media Day launch event and who’s knows what news will be in store?
Since Colin Turkington’s championship win back in October 2014 their have been, to say the least, a boat load of ‘OMG’ changes across the drivers and teams for the 2015 Season. The shuffling of new teams and racing partnerships will be guaranteeing 2015 to be one action packed season with twists and turns, and we aren't talking about the track. Here at HiQ we decided to wrap up the major BTCC Motorsport news and you can find out more over on the BTCC News page at www.btcc.net/news/
- Colin Turkington and Jason Plato Join TEAM BMR – Considering the 2014 season rivalry between the two Championship winning drivers Jason Plato and Colin Turkington, the pair teaming up under the BMR team banner came as quite a shock to many BTCC Fans. The duo will be racing in the BMR’ Volkswagens and will in fact be Colin’s first front-wheel-drive car since 2006.
- Rob Austin and Hunter Abbot Confirmed at RAR - HiQ’s official blogger Rob Austin and 2014 season team mate Hunter Abbot have both reassign to Rob Austin Racing leaving an unchanged line-up for the race-winning team. You can read Rob Austin's first 2015 season blog for HiQ here, 'A New Season, A New Era'
- Infiniti Join BTCC 2015 Line-up - The addition of the Infiniti team introduces the premium car brand into the BTCC and the inclusion of wounded soldiers from The Parachute Regiment amongst their team. The driver line up will consist of drivers Richard Hawken and Derek Palmer. For more information on the teams appearance at Autosport International Show you can check out our feature blog here
- The Return of Andy Priaulx to the BTCC in a WSR-run BMW - Another exciting announcement at the Autosport International Show was the return of Andy Priaulx to the BTCC on the opening day of the event. The triple world champion will be stirring the mix in a WSR-run BMW.
- Andrew Jordan joins MG Triple Eight squad – 2013 BTCC Champion Andrew Jordan will be taking car, team and sponsor to Triple Eight Racing. Triple Eight Racing have an incredible successful track record amongst the teams in the BTCC with the 2015 season being their 19th year in the championship.
With such an exciting season ahead HiQ will be bringing to you the latest news and events for the BTCC 2015 season and plenty of opportunities to win yourself a place at potentially the best BTTC Season ever. To get the ball rolling we are giving away a pair of Brands Hatch BTCC Round Weekend Passes for the 4th and 5th of April. To win your self the passes just answer the following question by commenting at the bottom of the Blog. The winner will be announced on the 30th of March on our social media pages.
“What was your highlight of the 2014 British Touring Cars Championship?”