Goodyear Free Accidental Tyre Damage Warranty
In order to guarantee that motorists get the most out of Goodyear tyres purchased from a HiQ Centre, we are delighted to offer an optional ‘Free Accidental Tyre Damage Warranty’ with every Goodyear tyre purchased.*
Once the qualifying tyre purchase has been made and the box on your Warranty Leaflet has been stamped or filled in by your participating HiQ Centre, you will have peace of mind knowing that your Goodyear tyres will be fully covered with the HiQ Goodyear Free Accidental Tyre Damage Warranty.
If any of your Goodyear tyres purchased through a HiQ Centre are damaged beyond repair, then the damaged tyre will be replaced and you will only be charged for the proportion of the tread that you have already used. (*See terms and conditions).
Contact your local HiQ Centre should you wish to make a claim.
Your HiQ Centre will validate your claim by checking your warranty and that the nature of your claim is valid. You will need to provide your original HiQ sales invoice and completed warranty leaflet provided to you from your HiQ centre visit. Your HiQ Centre will then be able to calculate your entitled percentage allowance, if the tyre complies with the terms and conditions.
Although tyres are road-legal to 1.6mm, HiQ always recommend replacement at 3.0mm in order to maintain optimum drive performance and safety, therefore the first 3.0mm of tread is not counted.
Your HiQ Centre will measure the remaining legal tread on your tyre. The tread will be measured in the middle and on the edges of the tyre to ensure an accurate and consistent reading. If any measurements on the tyre are below 3.0mm, no credit will be given.
The decision of the HiQ Centre is final. By looking at the corresponding discount table you can see how the amount of remaining legal tread is converted to a percentage claim allowance. This allowance is then redeemed as a percentage discount against the current selling price of your new replacement Goodyear tyre. The terms of this warranty require that the replacement tyre fitted is the same size as the original and is a Goodyear tyre. Your old warranty leaflet along with the damaged tyre will be retained by the HiQ centre and a new warranty leaflet will be issued to cover the new tyre.
|REMAINING USABLE TREAD DEPTH CAR/4X4||DISCOUNT|
|6.5mm up to 7.5mm||90%|
|5.0mm up to 6.5mm||70%|
|4.0mm up to 5.0mm||50%|
|3.0mm up to 4.0mm||20%|
- Damage sustained through competition use
- Acts of vandalism or theft
- Damage due to the poor fitting or removal of a wheel and/or tyre
- Acts of God, fire, accident damage or ensuing problems
- Problems resulting from not following prescribed tyre inflation pressures
- The use of defective and/or unsuitable wheels
- Loads exceeding prescribed limits as set by the vehicle manufacturer
- Towing trailers of a weight and/or size in excess of vehicle specifications
- Deterioration caused by prolonged contact with acids, solvents, hydrocarbons or mineral oils
- Wear caused as result of mechanical defect in the vehicle
- This list is non exhaustive and could include other exclusions
*HiQ Centre is a business or Centre operated under Franchise by Goodyear Tyres UK Limited. Any HiQ partners, online as HiQ Online partners or HiQ Fleet Service partners are not covered by this agreement or warranty.
Find participating HiQ centres
Additional Terms and Conditions
This warranty offer is at the discretion of HiQ Tyres & Autocare and does not form part of any manufacturer offer from Goodyear. This warranty is in addition to your statutory rights and only applies to the original purchasing customer, upon presentation of the original invoice from your HiQ Centre.
• At the time of a warranty claim, the tyre(s) must be no more than 5 years old. The age of the tyre(s) is identified by the DOT code printed on the sidewall of the tyre(s) and not by date of invoice.
• At the time of a warranty claim, the tyre must still be legal and have minimum of 3.0mm tread across the full width of the tyre. If a punctured tyre can be safely repaired the guarantee cannot be invoked. This guarantee does not apply to tyres that have been maliciously damaged.
• The tyre must have been balanced and had a new valve fitted at the time of purchase.
• This warranty does not cover excessive or uneven wear caused by mechanical defects. We strongly advise that the wheel alignment is checked at the time of purchase and regularly thereafter, as this is the primary cause of excessive or uneven tyre wear. The HiQ Centre decision is final.
• This warranty applies to the purchase of Goodyear car and 4x4 tyres. It expressly excludes vans, cabs, taxis and fleet contract vehicles.
• The warranty only covers tyres that are not repairable in-store, in-store repairs are chargeable.
• The warranty discount percentage is calculated against the tyre price only, the cost of replacement tyre fitting, new valve and re-balancing are chargeable.
• This warranty is only applicable to Goodyear tyres and can only be used against the purchase of a replacement
Some of our top Goodyear tyre picks
25% more mileage, Goodyear takes you further*
The All Season tyre with class leading braking on wet and snow
The latest all-season tyre from Goodyear with excellent wet, dry and snow performance.
A racing inspired tyre designed for maximum grip and dry road handling
Get 20% higher mileage with the new summer compound tyre from Goodyear.
Luxurious comfort with superior braking performance on wet
Maximum control for high-end SUVs
The performance tyre that delivers you shorter braking distances on wet and dry roads so that you are in control and ready to enjoy the journey
The durable tyre that gives confident traction on or off the road
The intelligent 4x4 tyre that gives you peak performance all year round
Fuel-saving, short braking
Excellent grip and high handling performance in all winter conditions